Tiny Ones Program:
Saturday, September 24, 9:00 am – 11:00 am
1.5 yrs – 4 yrs + Parent
This parent/child program was designed for the smallest of our TimberNook adventurers. You and your child together will venture into the woods for creative play opportunities that engage the mind and challenge the senses. Children will listen to a story about an apple farmer and then have the opportunity to engage with kitchen tools and yummy smelling homemade dough, wash apples, and prepare a tasty apple treat. You’ll walk away brimming with ideas for inspiring unique, creative play at home as well.
- TimberNook is a 100% outdoor program and we love to play in all weather. Please ensure your child wears weather appropriate attire. We will have access to a bathroom.
- We recommend bringing a change of clothes, comfortable walking shoes, bug spray, and a towel. Please expect your child to go home dirty!
- We plan to have apple slices with toppings for a snack.
- Children may want an additional snack and a refillable water bottle.
- This is a parent – child program. You will accompany your child and “step back, but tune in” with other parents while your child explores the wonders of nature.
- Once your child is registered, watch for a confirmation email.
- We will send a detailed email a few days prior to the program.
- Please monitor for symptoms at home, and keep your child home if they are sick.
- If your child has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, has experienced symptoms of COVID-19, or has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please follow the current CDC guidelines before sending them to TimberNook.
- Children will have a hand washing station available throughout the day.
- Our expansive outdoor environment allows for natural social distancing.
- All employees will be trained on health and safety protocol.
Montessori School of Westfield Backyard
800 Sycamore St., Westfield, IN 46074
Our programs are located in the woods behind the Montessori School of Westfield at the end of a residential street-Sycamore St.- right in the heart of downtown Westfield. You can access Sycamore St. from East Street, which is just east of Union Street and north of Hwy 32 (or Main Street in Westfield). Tucked inside the woods are hanging tires, a slack line, climbing ropes, trees to climb, trails, natural bridges and obstacles, gardens, muddy areas, and a wide open grassy field. There are plenty of opportunities to discover wildlife under rocks, inside logs, and in the trees, where you’ll find insects, worms, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, toads, and birds. Multiple generations have enjoyed exploring and playing in our woods, and we are helping the youngest ones to make their own discoveries and create new adventures!
Sensational Experiences your child will have at
walking and running on trails
balancing on logs
swinging on tire swings
climbing on ropes
playing with friends
splashing in puddles
… and SO MUCH MORE!
If you do need to cancel your child’s TimberNook registration, please send an email to [email protected] as soon as you are aware that you need to make a change. We will be happy to apply your registration fee to a future TimberNook program.
Check Out Our Facebook Page: